CoTech Decisions

This is a thread to use to flag up collective decisions that are being made in CoTech and somewhere where Webarchitects members can discuss these (if needs be additional threads can be forked from this thread).

Two issues we have to vote on at the moment:

1. Allow Digital Cooperative Development Consortium (DCDC) to join CoTech — unless there are any objections we will vote in favour of this.
  2. We propose to change the CoTech Constitution to form a general decision-making” circle that meets virtually on a synchronous basis once per month — unless there are any objections we will vote in favour of this.

I agree with both of these. The 2nd of them is CoTech moving towards being more organised in terms of democracy. And Webarchitects hopes to do the same. So I think setting up this forum is a good idea. I hope members will feel free to comment here. None of us are experts, anyone’s opinion is valid, and having various responses will help to steer our collective response :slight_smile:

I’ve voted to Approve Code-Operative’s application to join CoTech on our behalf as this is a very straight forward proposal — graphics.coop have split into seperate print and digital co-ops.

I’ve also voted to Allow Form & Function Digital Co-operative to join CoTech.

The proposal to change the CoTech Constitution to form a general decision-making” circle that meets virtually on a synchronous basis once per month, which is documented on the wiki, came out of the CoTech gathering we hosted in Sheffield, unless there are any questions or objections I’ll cast a vote in favour of this.

I’m in favour of this, it puts in place a necessary (prototype) mechanism needed by CoTech as it’s growing.

Also based on my experience of being organiser of that recent gathering. I managed OK as an autonomous person but it would be logically easier to have a group to bounce ideas off, and check out what people are doing for CoTech.

Following the CoTech call today I have posted a proposal and voted on our behalf, for a joint CoTech / Workers Co-op Weekend in May 2020 at Thornbridge.

I’m going to cast our vote to allow Good Praxis to join CoTech, I met one of their workers at the last party at Space4 after recognising the back of their head from their Twitter profile!

I’ve voted to approve that Paper Rhino are allowed to join CoTech, Webarchitects has worked with Paper Rhino indirectly — we host the Unicorn Grocery site and Paper Rhino have done WordPress development and theming on the site and we have helped facilitate this.

We clearly need to co-ordinate better! @Jonathan you have also voted for Paper Rhino to join CoTech when it is supposed to be one vote per co-op, it addition I think we might be supposed to only have one account per co-op on the Loomio group now since it is only being used for formal voting, however I’m not totally sure about this.

Incidently your question regarding the name of Jarrow Insights had already been answered on the CoTech forum, are you going to cast the Webarchitects vote to approve them on that thread or shall I? Let’s try not to vote twice again! :roll_eyes:

I have voted on behalf of Webarchitects to approve Clear Honest Design’s application to join CoTech.

I have voted on behalf of Webarchitects to approve the Solidarity Economy Association’s application to join CoTech.

I have voted on behalf of Webarchitects to Approve Studio Oto’s application to join CoTech.

I have voted on behalf of Webarchitects for CoTech to switch to ‘Loomio community lifetime’ plan as there isn’t currently a Discourse plugin suitable to replace the voting options provided by Loomio.