Welcome to the Webarchitects blog

Originally published at: https://www.blog.webarchitects.coop/2018/11/welcome-to-the-webarchitects-blog

Welcome to the Webarchitects Co-operative blog, the intention is to post articles here, on a regular basis, that are related to the work of the co-operative, news from members of the co-operative and articles that we think will be of interest to members of the co-operative.

This site is set up so that anyone with an account on our members forum can sign on here and comments are only open to members, see our Join Us page for information on how to join our co-operative.

It will probably take us a few weeks to get everything sorted out here, (plugins, themes, categories etc) and we are also using this site as a place to have a play with the new WordPress Gutenberg editor which is due to be the default WordPress editor with WordPress 5.0.

2 Likes

Replies posted on the Discourse forum show up on the WordPress site, which seems to be working OK…

I’d be interested to know if people with accounts on the forum can login to the blog using the Login with Discourse link — in theory you should be able to login and create an account, which by default will be a Subscriber account but which can then be promoted to an Editor account so you can post articles.

I’ve been able to log into the Wordpress blog with the Discourse account!

Nice work all.

1 Like

One thing to note for the future, it appears that Posts on the WordPress blog will only be published to Discourse when the Author field is set to blog — so we will probably need to add a byline to each article saying who wrote each one in the body of the article.

Yesterday WordPress 5.0 was released:

It comes with a new theme, TwentyNinteen, so I have switched the Webarchitects blog to use that: